As a community carer, you’re the front-line of our organisation. Your role is to provide care and support to our clients and be the face of the company when dealing with the general public. The day to day activities will vary based on the clients you support, but typically you’ll cover the following tasks:
- Food preparation
- Personal care
- Domestic tasks
- Medication administration
Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
Typically, a person in this role should have the following skills/attributes:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Basic IT skills (use of apps, email, internet).
• Active listening and communication skills.
• Be ﬂexible and mobile.
Qualiﬁcations & Accreditations
Typically a person in this role will need the following qualiﬁcations/accreditations:
• Qualiﬁed to QCF level 2 standard in Health and Social Care.
• Registered with Social Care Wales as competent to work in the social care sector (must be registered after six months).
• Attend and complete the Seren Health & Social care induction programme.
We’re always looking for wonderful, caring individuals to join our team as community carers. With a range of positions available across South Wales, why not submit your details and take the next step to becoming a carer with Seren.
Join our values
S Always STRIVE for the best outcomes
E Be ENGAGING and true, to yourself and to others
R Be RESPONSIBLE, take ownership
E Have ENERGY and care for others
N Be NURTURING at heart
Speak with Polly.
Meet Polly, our Talent Sourcing Manager. Polly’s here to help you begin your career with Seren. Reach her on any of the below contact methods and arrange an informal chat.
Share your contact details with us by completing the below ﬁelds and a member of the team will call you back.