Field Care Supervisor
Field care supervisors are lead carers for the areas they work in. Our field care supervisors have dual roles. As well as providing care in the community, they will provide support to office teams, review care packages, provide pastoral care, and do employee reviews. Typically, a field care supervisor will:
- Take on a lead carer role.
- Train, mentor and support staff in their area.
- Shadow new employees.
- Assist with care plan set up and reviews (when required).
- Conduct 121s and welfare checks (when required).
- Assist with Duty Manager responsibilities (when required).
Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
Typically, a person in this role should have the following skills/attributes:
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to problem solve independently.
• Good literacy and numeracy skills.
• Good IT skills (use of MS office, email, internet, and company IT systems, Care Planner, Pass, Atlas).
• Active listening skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Be flexible and mobile.
• Coaching skills and the ability to give feedback.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
Qualiﬁcations & Accreditations
Typically, a person in this role will need the following qualiﬁcations/accreditations:
• Qualiﬁed to QCF level 2 standard in Health and Social Care.
• Ideally attained or working towards QCF level 3 in Health and Social Care.
• Registered with Social Care Wales as competent to work in the social care sector (must be registered after six months).
• Attend and complete the Seren Health & Social care induction programme.
We’re always looking for wonderful, caring individuals to join our team as community carers. With a range of positions available across South Wales, why not submit your details and take the next step to becoming a carer with Seren.
Join our values
S Always STRIVE for the best outcomes
E Be ENGAGING and true, to yourself and to others
R Be RESPONSIBLE, take ownership
E Have ENERGY and care for others
N Be NURTURING at heart
Speak with Polly.
Meet Polly, our Talent Sourcing Manager. Polly’s here to help you begin your career with Seren. Reach her on any of the below contact methods and arrange an informal chat.
Share your contact details with us by completing the below ﬁelds and a member of the team will call you back.