WHO DO YOU PROVIDE CARE FOR?
We provide care for anyone who is over the age of 18. We are registered with the CSSIW to provide adult care; however, we currently provide care for a wide range of ages and support needs, tailoring our support to meet our clients’ individual needs. We work with a variety of service users, from those with learning and physical difficulties, to dementia or a short-term weekly shopping visit.
IS THERE ANYTHING A CARER CAN'T DO?
While we try to accommodate every request, there are some procedures our team are unfortunately unable to carry out due to legal reasons and to respect both a carer and service user’s rights. Our carers cannot carry out nursing procedures, including dressing of wounds, administering injections and any invasive procedures. To ensure all your needs are met, we will talk you through our service in more detail when setting up your care and support package.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT IS AND ISN'T INCLUDED?
Our service user guide carefully describes our services and how we will devise a care plan together. The care plan is written with full input from our service users and family members. Our prices are fully inclusive based on the assessment carried out.
DO YOU DEAL WITH MEDICATION?
Yes, we can administer medication. We also conduct regular medication reviews as part of an individual’s care plan to make sure the dosage and frequency are correct. All of our care staff receive comprehensive 2-day medication training followed by a competency assessment before they are allowed to administer medication unsupervised.
HOW MUCH DOES HOME CARE COST?
Costs will depend on the amount of support required and the complexity of an individual’s needs. Bespoke costs will be discussed at initial assessment stage. We are happy to provide packages that can be funded via social services and direct payment services.
HOW DO I PAY FOR HOME CARE?
If you are paying for your care yourself or via direct payment, you can pay us by cheque or BACS directly into our account, whichever you find the most convenient. We invoice on a 4-weekly cycle and payment is usually due within 14 days of the invoice issue date.
HOW LONG DOES A TYPICAL VISIT LAST?
We agree visit length with our service users at the assessment stage. We will agree how long we think the visit may be and continue to monitor the visits to ensure that the level of support being provided is satisfactory.
We are passionate in our belief that wherever possible, vulnerable people should be able to choose where they want to live in later life. They should be able to remain living at home, in familiar, safe and comfortable surroundings with all their memories; continue sleeping in their own bed; continue to have friends and family visit them; to keep their pets at home. Simply to live their life the way they have always done. With the right combination of support and care, we are confident that most people can remain living at home.
Our role as a home care provider
- To work alongside you and your family to ensure you have the right level of care and support to meet your needs
- We will carefully select carers that have the required skills, training and experience to meet your needs
- To provide a reliable and consistent service, ensuring that the carers attend at the times we agree
- We will ensure that the carers who look after you give you the best level of care. Our carers will treat you with respect at all times
- We will provide a rota of carers that will visit you on a regular basis, building a friendly and trusting relationship between you and the carers.
What you can expect from us:
- We will get to know you and your family, and listen to any concerns you have to ensure that we provide a service that you are happy with.
- We will carefully select your carers who we feel have the right skills and personality to meet your needs, however if you ever feel that a carer we supply is not right for you, we will be happy to listen to any concerns and try and put this right.
- Whether you need domestic support or daily care, we are here to help.
Our Home Support Service:-
- Help and support to order and collect prescriptions
- Light domestic tasks around the home such as vacuuming and dusting
- Help with laundry
- Meal preparation
- Prepare shopping lists and support with grocery shopping
- House plant care
- Change bed linen
Personal Care Service:-
- Assistance with bathing / showering
- Help with dressing
- Assistance with personal grooming
- Assistance with personal care and incontinence care
- Support with eating and drinking
- Support with morning wake up and help with morning routine
- Support with night time / put to bed