Head of Service.
If you work for us in head of service, you’ll be based in our offices and responsible for the operational management of the business care service. This role involves:
- Being accountable for the safe delivery of care services.
- Accountable for operational management of all care staff in the area they are responsible for.
- Compliance responsibilities.
- Quality assurance tasks.
- Helping with the growth of business in line with strategic plans.
- Being involved with service improvement.
- Issue and complaint resolution.
- Assisting with management and the delivery of inspections.
Skills, Attributes & Knowledge
Typically, a person in this role should have the following skills/attributes:
•Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Advanced problem-solving skills.
•Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Excellent IT skills (use of MS Office, email, internet, and company IT systems, Care Planner, Pass, Atlas).
• Excellent listening skills.
• Strategic thinker.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Be flexible and mobile.
• Excellent coaching skills and the ability to give feedback.
•Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Good understanding of HR policy, practice and employment law.
• Excellent knowledge of CIW, RISCA and safeguarding.
Qualiﬁcations & Accreditations
Typically a person in this role will need the following qualiﬁcations/accreditations:
• Qualified to QCF level 5 standard in Health and Social Care.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Registered with Social Care Wales as a manager
We’re always looking for wonderful, caring individuals to join our team as community carers. With a range of positions available across South Wales, why not submit your details and take the next step to becoming a carer with Seren.
Join our values
S Always STRIVE for the best outcomes
E Be ENGAGING and true, to yourself and to others
R Be RESPONSIBLE, take ownership
E Have ENERGY and care for others
N Be NURTURING at heart
Speak with Polly.
Meet Polly, our Talent Sourcing Manager. Polly’s here to help you begin your career with Seren. Reach her on any of the below contact methods and arrange an informal chat.
Share your contact details with us by completing the below ﬁelds and a member of the team will call you back.